What’s the Difference Between Managed IT & Break/Fix ServicesLike most business leaders, you’ve probably invested considerable time and effort into your information technology. But the question is, do you have the right support to match it? Learn the difference between quality service & break/fix services. Managed Services and Break-Fix Services are arguably the two most widely-used IT support models. And yet, when asked, very few business leaders can accurately state how one is different from the other. Considering how keeping up with tech speak can be quite confusing, it’s hardly surprising if you don’t know which model to choose. We’ve put together this article comparing the two models so you can make an informed decision. Ready to find out which IT support model is better? Let’s take a close look at each!
What Are Break/Fix Services?The Break-Fix model refers to calling in professional IT support whenever you encounter a setback or need an upgrade. Although there are a couple of minor benefits, the reality is that this model’s limitations far outweigh its advantages. Most vendors have already migrated away from a Break-Fix are now offering managed IT services. What Are the Cons To Break-Fix Services?
- Cost: While it has a minimal up-front cost, the Break-Fix model has multiple ongoing charges, including consultation, repairs done, and hourly labor. It’s also impossible to budget for unpredictable issues meaning you can never know whether you’re paying a fair price or not. Because no proactive steps are implemented to prevent future problems, Break-Fix almost guaranteed you’ll always be paying extra costs.
- Short-Sited: As it’s a reactive model, Break-Fix involves a technician coming in occasionally to deal with issues once they’ve already occurred. Because there are absolutely no preventative measures taken, businesses using this model regularly suffer extensive downtimes.
- Lower Productivity: Organizations that use the Break-Fix model typically designate daily IT operations to a tech-savvy team member. Often, this solves the immediate problem. But overworking such an individual will ultimately compromise the quality of his work in the long-term.
- Time To Resolution: Because there is no proactive/preventive work being done, everything is ALWAYS an emergency. When working with an IT consultant in this manner, they will never be able to get there quick enough, and when they do, they will need time to investigate and uncover the reason for the issue, when they discover it, they need to resolve it. This means that they will NEVER be able to resolve it fast enough and then when the invoice arrives for the service, it is ALWAYS more than was expected to pay, because all the work that was done, was effectively, done at one time instead of over time. Now add to this, all the lost productivity from your employees, not being able to complete their work, which adds to lost revenue from clients, additional internal costs, client and employee frustration.
What Are Managed IT Services?In a nutshell, managed IT services involve partnering up with a third-party provider that handles part or all of your company’s IT needs. Managed IT services providers offer a wide array of services, including security, help desk support, 24/7 support, and much more. But why is the managed service model so popular with countless businesses?
What Are the Main Benefits of Managed IT Services?
- Round-the-Clock Monitoring: Managed services give you access to tech experts that monitor your network 24/7 for any irregularities or risks. Consequently, it’s possible to deal with potential threats before they can cause significant harm. That said, it’s impossible to prevent IT setbacks altogether. However, whatever happens, your MSP will send an expert to sort it out right away, ensuring downtime is kept at a minimum hence boosting productivity.
- Pro-Active Support: Beyond merely repairing as in the Break/Fix model, MSPs actually implement preventative measures against potential threats. Using the latest technologies, your MSP will take proactive steps to safeguard your network against viruses, malware, cybercriminals, and other risks. This is the primary difference between these two IT support models.
- Updates: It’s no secret. Performing updates can be incredibly tedious and expensive. However, by delegating this task to your MSP, you can be confident that you’re always on the latest software versions. Your MSP will also handle all your data backups, validate them, and even manage your third-party app security.
- Help Desk Support: The managed service model ensures all your organization’s IT needs are handled 24/7/365. Or perhaps you may simply have a tech-related question you’d like someone to clarify. No matter the time or reason, if you feel the need, you can call, email, or chat with your MSP help desk. You’ll always get in touch with an IT professional who’s ready to help.
- Predictable IT Spending: Managed IT services providers typically offer their services at a cost-effective monthly rate. This makes coming up with an accurate IT budget incredibly convenient. Because you know what you should be getting, you never have to worry about surprise expenses or paying too much. A good MSP will help you develop a custom plan tailored to your organization’s unique needs and budget.
Looking for the Most Reliable Managed IT Services In New Jersey?Our experienced IT professionals at Baroan Technologies are eager to help you leverage the benefits of managed IT services to optimize and grow your business. Contact Us Now to get started!
When it comes to IT services and solutions, you need someone who not only comprehends the IT industry but is also passionate about helping clients achieve long-term growth using proven IT solutions. Guy, in leading our company, is committed to helping clients improve their technology in order to develop a competitive edge in their industries.
At Baroan Technologies, Guy Baroan leads a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to delivering exceptional IT services and solutions. With his extensive expertise and hands-on experience, Guy ensures that clients receive the utmost support and guidance in their IT endeavors. Trust in Baroan Technologies to elevate your business systems and stay ahead in today’s competitive landscape.