What Is Network Monitoring?
Network Monitoring is when we monitor your network attached devices for proper function as well as firmware levels and alerts. This is a service included with all our offerings for our clients and runs in the background to help proactively reduce issues before they cause downtime. For additional Cybersecurity protection, we also offer an advanced method to monitor, manage and identify any security risks through a collection of events from all the devices connected to your network. This is called Security Information and Events Management (SIEM). The surveillance allows us a way to recognize and monitor cyber threats and reduce the risk of any criminal activity by being able to quickly identify and respond. This type of monitoring is available as an option and includes 24×7 monitoring of the activity by a team of security experts.
What Are Some Common Network Devices?
Often we get asked about network devices, what they are, and what they do. Depending on your organization’s technology set up, you probably use one or more of the following network devices.
- Routers – These devices connect to your internet service
- Switches – Used to connect your computers, printers, servers, and other devices to your network
- Firewalls – Controls incoming and outgoing data traffic and is a security barrier protecting your network
- Servers – All of your organization’s information, data, and applications reside on these devices
- Wireless Controllers – These devices manage your wireless access points
As you review the list, each of these devices plays a vital role in your company’s network operations. Without them, your business falls behind. Your staff’s productivity comes to a crawl. Your clients and customers get inconvenienced.
Why Do You Need Your Network Monitored?
To avoid these inconveniences and headaches, your IT infrastructure is dependent upon your network to remain fully operational. As a robust environment, if your system fails, all of your applications and technical operations stop.
What your applications and technical operations need is a flow of information to operate. Without that data, your business comes to a technological standstill. Without Baroan’s Network Monitoring services, your network admins have to try and identify the root causes. And in many instances, they have no answers.
What’s The Best Solution?
Instead of putting that heavy burden on your staff, our proactive, around the clock network monitoring never sleeps. Our powerful, proprietary solution can do what your network admins cannot. With its elevated level of built-in logic, your organization gets assistance in the following areas:
- Resolve your technical issues immediately
- Restart your essential services automatically
- Monitor the critical health status of your devices and applications
- Maintain your current operating system, software updates, and patch levels
- Remotely diagnose problems and alert or remediate the problem
- Minimize your network and device downtimes to prevent lost productivity
- Generate capacity planning reports so you can make well informed IT purchasing and budget decisions