- Identifying physical and software assets (servers, workstations, financial applications, personal data) within your business to create and maintain an asset management program.
- Identifying vulnerabilities within those assets like personal information, threats to business resources, and risk response activities as a basis for your risk assessment
- Creating a risk management strategy for your company, establishing how much risk you’re willing to take.
ProtectThe protect pillar outlines appropriate steps to ensure that critical infrastructure services are in place.(Dark Web Scans, Advanced Endpoint Protection, Backup and Disaster Recovery, etc). This allows you to limit or contain the damage in the event that a cyber attack occurs. Examples of actions within this pillar include:
- Providing your staff with knowledge through awareness and training.
- Providing data protection aligned with your business’ risk strategy to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information, also known as encryption.
- Implementing processes to maintain and manage the safety of your assets.
- Protecting business resources through remote monitoring and maintenance (RMM).
- Managing protective technology to ensure the security and resilience of systems and assets are consistent with your policies, procedures, and agreements.
DetectThe Detect pillar serves to define the activities to identify the occurrence of a cybersecurity event and enables timely discovery of cybersecurity events. Examples of actions within this pillar include:
- Ensuring that events are detected, and their potential impact is understood.
- Implementing monitoring capabilities to scan cybersecurity events and verify the effectiveness of protective measures including network and physical activities.
- Maintaining detection processes to provide awareness of events.
ResponseThe respond pillar includes steps to take action regarding a known cybersecurity event. The respond pillar lends the ability to minimize the impact of a potential cybersecurity threat. Examples of actions within this pillar include:
- Ensuring response planning processes are executed during and after an incident.
- Communicating during and after an event with stakeholders, law enforcement, employees, and clients.
- In-depth analysis is conducted to ensure effective response and recovery activities including forensic analysis, and determining the severity of the attack.
- Actions are taken to prevent the possible spread of the attack.
- Enhancing future protections by learning from past events.
RecoverThe Recover pillar serves to create a plan to revert changed services and impacted items. This plan allows for timely recovery of operations and reduced impact- both cost and productivity- from a cybersecurity event. Examples of actions within this pillar include:
- Ensuring your business implements recovery planning processes and procedures to restore systems and assets affected by cybersecurity events.
- Improve recovery efforts based on previous cyber attacks.
- Provide updates both internally and externally to all those affected throughout the duration of the cybersecurity incident.
When it comes to IT services and solutions, you need someone who not only comprehends the IT industry but is also passionate about helping clients achieve long-term growth using proven IT solutions. Guy, in leading our company, is committed to helping clients improve their technology in order to develop a competitive edge in their industries.
At Baroan Technologies, Guy Baroan leads a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to delivering exceptional IT services and solutions. With his extensive expertise and hands-on experience, Guy ensures that clients receive the utmost support and guidance in their IT endeavors. Trust in Baroan Technologies to elevate your business systems and stay ahead in today’s competitive landscape.