What Would You Do If You Lost Your Microsoft 365 Data Right Now?Don’t make any assumptions about how Microsoft is backing up your data—it may not be as easy to restore it as you may think. When Microsoft mistakenly deleted this client’s entire cloud environment, it took a week to get it back. That’s why a third-party backup solution is so important… Download our complete technology spotlight
This Client Lost All Their Emails, Accounts & Files In An InstantFor more than two decades, Baroan Technologies has been helping clients make use of industry-leading solutions from Microsoft. Never in all that time have we encountered a situation like this. This client, an oil wholesaler and longtime Microsoft 365 user, got in touch with us after hours on a Friday with an issue—they couldn’t access any of their emails. Upon review, our team discovered that the entire tenant (their accounts, emails, files, etc.) was gone. It appeared that Microsoft had mistakenly deleted it on their end. We immediately got in touch with Microsoft and opened a ticket. However, it was not given immediate priority, and so, we had to take action on our end to help the client in the meantime.
We Kept The Client Operational While Working On A Solution…We launched an emergency response and stood up a temporary environment for the client right away. This allowed them to continue to receive and send new emails while we worked on a fix with Microsoft to restore their archive and other files. Over the course of the following seven days, we worked directly with Microsoft to confirm the loss of the client’s data. Even though Microsoft had a backup of the data on their end, they wouldn’t access it until they were sure it was necessary to do so. This meant working through a series of escalations with their technicians until all the appropriate conditions had been met. By Wednesday, Microsoft had accessed the backup and started the restoration. By Friday, we had worked with them to launch the restored environment, determining which current emails were duplicates and which had to be maintained. In the end, our client suffered no permanent data loss, but they were still unable to access their email archive and other files for the better part of a week. This is a prime example of why a third-party backup solution is so important.
3 More Reasons To Check Your Microsoft 365 BackupWhether it’s the security and availability of your standard data or the way your email is being backed up, you need to make sure you have a viable backup solution in place. Here are three reasons why:
- Data Retention Contingencies: At the rate that technology evolves (and how quickly your standard operations and concerned policies are required to keep up with it), it’s no surprise that some businesses find it difficult to keep up with. When policy development falls behind the pace of adopted technologies, it can often lead to gaps, which can affect data retention.
- Cybercrime: Data loss is often the result of poor digital security; without the right defenses, cybercriminals can easily infect an IT system with ransomware or other types of malware and compromise company data. You may have heard that the right anti-malware solution will minimize the chance of data loss, but what about internal threats? It’s not fun to think about, but internal security threats (i.e. malicious employees) can cause just as much damage as external cybercriminals.
- Maintaining Compliance: When it comes to modern compliance requirements, redundant data backups are critical. You’ll want to make sure you know what’s required of your industry’s compliance regulations, and make sure you have backup methods in place to meet those.
What Is The Best Way To Backup Microsoft 365?The best way to enhance the data backup capabilities of Microsoft 365 is to work with a third party like Baroan Technologies. With us, you can offload more complicated processes, and augment Microsoft 365’s built-in data continuity capabilities.
- Comprehensive Backups: We maintain both local onsite backup for quick recovery in instances of data loss, as well as offsite cloud-based backup for when your business is hit with a critical disaster.
- Regular Testing: We regularly test your backups to verify their effectiveness in the event that something goes wrong with your onsite data.
- Convenient Restoration: We give you the ability to choose a point in time to restore in the event that the data has been deleted, corrupted, or there has been a malicious intrusion.
- Simple Visibility & Reporting: Be confident in your data backup capabilities with detailed and understandable reporting.
Baroan Technologies Will Make Sure Your Microsoft 365 Data Is Backed UpBaroan Technologies will equip your business with a robust third-party data backup solution designed specifically for Microsoft 365 data continuity, protecting a range of data types:
- Microsoft Exchange emails, attachments, and related data
- Microsoft SharePoint & OneDrive files
- Microsoft Teams messages and shared files
- Other calendars, attachments, and tasks based in Microsoft
- Address and eliminate gaps in Microsoft 365 data continuity
- Maintain compliance with regulatory systems including GDPR, HIPAA, and more
- Scale the service easily to meet the exact needs of your organization
When it comes to IT services and solutions, you need someone who not only comprehends the IT industry but is also passionate about helping clients achieve long-term growth using proven IT solutions. Guy, in leading our company, is committed to helping clients improve their technology in order to develop a competitive edge in their industries.
At Baroan Technologies, Guy Baroan leads a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to delivering exceptional IT services and solutions. With his extensive expertise and hands-on experience, Guy ensures that clients receive the utmost support and guidance in their IT endeavors. Trust in Baroan Technologies to elevate your business systems and stay ahead in today’s competitive landscape.