Getting Started With Microsoft TeamsTeams is Microsoft’s advanced collaboration app for colleagues. It’s a communication center complete with video conferencing, workplace chats, file storage, and app integration capabilities. As we reflect on the adverse effects of COVID-19, we cannot fail to appreciate one or two lessons that the pandemic taught us. Among these, and perhaps the most important one is the necessity to invest in modern collaboration tools. You need your staff to be in constant communication, so they channel efforts towards common agendas. In a regular office environment, collaboration can be as simple as walking over to a colleagues’ desk or summoning a quick boardroom meeting. What about when your employees are working remotely miles apart? Physical collaboration is no longer a viable option. That’s why you need MS Teams; this advanced tool from Microsoft enables your staff to be in touch from anywhere, anytime. By the end of this read, Baroan Technologies seeks to assist you to know how best you can leverage Microsoft Teams for your organization. We are the leading provider of Expert IT Consulting, IT Security Solutions, and Outsourced IT services in and around the Tri-State area. Check out our latest video to learn more about Microsoft Teams:
What Is Microsoft Teams?Microsoft Teams is an online collaboration and communication tool that is part of Microsoft Office 365. There are three ways to launch the Microsoft Teams application. You can access Teams through the desktop application (in Mac and Windows), a web browser, or the mobile application (in iOS and Android). MS Teams combines features that support video conferencing, chats, audio calls, and file storage to enable remote teams to work together using a shared workspace. Microsoft Teams also integrates a collection of Microsoft Office 365 applications such as SharePoint, Outlook, Skype, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. What Main Features Does Microsoft Teams Offer Your Organization? The core components of Microsoft Teams include:
- Teams: For your organization to start collaborating on projects, you will need a team. A team is a collection of content, people, and applications. Any user can create a team. Creating a team is easy and done with a few clicks. All you need is a team name, a team description, and to specify the level of privacy you’d like for your team. Once your team is created, you can add team members.
- Channels: Teams have subsections known as channels. Channels are dedicated to more segregated conversations that may be based on departments or specific projects. By default, Microsoft Teams creates a general Channel for every newly formed team. You can create multiple channels within a Team and set their privacy level as either private or standard. Standard channels are accessible to everyone on the team, while private channels are only accessible to specific team members.
- Chat: Chats allow you to privately send messages to fellow team members away from the team chat. Conversations within chats are only visible to those involved in the chat. You can share screens from the chat window, add other team members to the chat, and make video and audio calls.
- Calendar: The Teams calendar allows you to view upcoming meetings and schedule new meetings. Teams also allows you to sync your Outlook group calendar with your Microsoft Teams calendar. By default, the Teams calendar is accessible to everyone in your team, but you can edit permissions and limit access to only particular members of your team.
- Audio and Video Conferencing: Teams allows you to directly make one-on-one and group calls to people in your team from your chat list by clicking the video or audio call buttons. The calls you make are private and don’t appear in any team conversation. You can also capture voicemails and make calls from the Calls tab.
- Files: Each time you create a new team, you automatically create a SharePoint Online site behind it. All files shared across the chat window and conversations are automatically saved on the SharePoint library folder.
Are You Looking for a Reliable Microsoft Solutions Provider in the Tri-State Area?At Baroan Technologies, we offer experience and expertise in providing Microsoft solutions to New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut businesses. Consult with us today, or call us on (201) 796-0404 and let us help you customize Microsoft Teams to fit the collaboration needs of your business.
When it comes to IT services and solutions, you need someone who not only comprehends the IT industry but is also passionate about helping clients achieve long-term growth using proven IT solutions. Guy, in leading our company, is committed to helping clients improve their technology in order to develop a competitive edge in their industries.
At Baroan Technologies, Guy Baroan leads a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to delivering exceptional IT services and solutions. With his extensive expertise and hands-on experience, Guy ensures that clients receive the utmost support and guidance in their IT endeavors. Trust in Baroan Technologies to elevate your business systems and stay ahead in today’s competitive landscape.